Power regulator mods and headlight level
JC wants me to lower the headlight level- he feels they're too high with the larger tires. From all that I've read, the level has to be adjusted manually, then Vag-Com will set the new position as "Home" so that car's computer doesn't try to raise them again. Here's a link to some nice instructions and diagrams:
I started following the instructions then noticed that on both sides, one of the adjustment screws had a factory cap on it. This lead to believe that maybe I wasn't supposed to mess with these screws, due to the auto-leveling feature. I will call JP tomorrow and confirm what I need to do.I also modified our Power Stream PST-DU700-24 and PST-DU700 (variable) regulators.
- I removed the R38 resistor (next to P18) in attempt to solve the problem of the Mac Minis rebooting when the engine is being started, and it worked! This was a "low voltage" protector designed to prevent the car's battery from being drained by cutting power to the devices drawing from it.
- I severed the connection between P15 and P16 in an attempt to solve the problem of the ambient temperature of the desert leading to a false positive indication that regulator was operating outside of it's specified temperature range and tripping this thermal switch. I was able to power up both lasers at KL's house, but we won't know for certain till Saturday whether or not this helps.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home